Technical Officer I, HIV Care and Treatment
Technical Officer I, HIV Care and Treatment
- Kabarnet, Baringo County, Kenya
- April 5, 2018 10:00 pm
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. We are currently inviting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Technical Officer I, HIV Care and Treatment.
Reports To: Senior Technical Officer, HIV Care and Treatment
As a member of the clinical team in the HIV Service Delivery Support Activity Project, offers general support to the goals and objectives of the project and specifically result area one team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide mentorship, coaching and updates to service providers at the CCC/MCH/TB clinics to offer patients quality care and treatment services according to the national guidelines and standards in select facilities.
- Supporting accelerated HIV care and treatment efforts directed towards increasing enrolment of HIV infected children and adolescents.
- Ensure that project-supported clinical care activities at ART/PMTCT/TB sites conform to Kenya National HIV care and treatment guidelines and the project standards.
- Support the CCC/ART patients by offering Clinical services, clinically stage the patients using the WHO classification and recommend relevant investigations for patients to prepare them for ART treatment initiation for 40% of the time.
- Support the service providers by recommending relevant treatment and care for the patients with opportunistic infections and recommend initiation of ART treatment in accordance with the MOH recommended guidelines.
- Liaise with other project staff working in the facility and community to address all issues across the 3 90s and issues of defaulter tracing, HIV prevention and addressing other social determinants of health to mitigate the impact of those affected and infected by HIV.
- Support facilities to institute differentiated service delivery models, and systems for inter and intra facility referrals.
- Ensure the documentation of appropriate services rendered to the patients is done in the relevant service registers.
- Ensure quality of care is attained for patients seeking the services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Knowledge of HIV and AIDS, reproductive health, family planning, public health.
- Ability to provide a wide range of clinical services and capable of effectively transference of skills, effective communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume work load.
- Ability to lead and work in teams to accomplish given tasks.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT STANDARDS:
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine with Post-Basic Comprehensive HIV Management Training with at least 5-7 years’ practical continuous relevant clinical experience or BS/BA degree in related field with 3-5 years’ relevant experience.
- Trained in current HIV management, care and treatment and additional training as a TOT or in both pediatric, adolescent and adult rational ART use is an added advantage.
- Experience in working in a health facility offering HIV Comprehensive care and treatment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HIV knowledge and the various interventions being offered to prevent and control the morbidity and mortality arising from the infection will be an added advantage.
- Ability to provide a wide range of clinical services, capable of effective communication and transference of skills.
- Excellent report writing and computer software skills for word processing.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
How to ApplyTo apply visit https://www.fhi360.org/careers. FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
139 total views, 1 today