- Lodwar, Turkana County, Kenya
- April 5, 2018 10:10 pm
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. We are currently inviting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Finance Assistant.
Reports To: Senior Finance Officer
Project: HIV Service Delivery Support Activity
Location: Rift Valley
Provide Accounting and Financial support to the Finance unit of HSDSA project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Managing Petty cash as below:
- Reimbursing expenses falling under petty cash
- Timely requisitioning of petty cash at field level.
- Ensuring completeness of all petty cash vouchers: proper back up, complete approval by relevant officers, continuous referencing & accuracy of the figures.
2. Manage Program advances in the county offices as below :
- Receiving advances from Nakuru & dispatching to the relevant officers.
- Making payments to participants.
- Follow up with Staff on due advances for retirement.
- Help put together returns for the advances retirement in a timely manner.
- Verification for completeness of all retirement returns: arithmetical accuracy, stamping paid, complete approvals & full back up on the returns.
3. Timely banking of cash refunds for monies received at field level and communicating to Nakuru office.
4. Maintain well updated & accessible Finance files at field level (retirement returns, petty cash, cash reconciliations & any other correspondence finance information).
5. Support program staff in making cash payments in meetings/workshops.
6. Work closely with Nakuru Finance team to help capacity build program staff on a need basis.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- At least CPA Part 1 or II.
- Minimum 1-3 years of progressive working experience in similar environment with adequate exposure to project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants and contracts.
- Understanding of finance records reconciliations.
- Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system.
- Experience working with an international organization and a University degree in Commerce or Business Accounting will be an added advantage.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
How to ApplyTo apply visit https://www.fhi360.org/careers. FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
143 total views, 1 today