Engineer Job Vacancy
Engineer Job Vacancy
- Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- April 5, 2018 11:19 pm
Sanergy is looking for a qualified Engineer to join our New Technology Commercialization team.
Who we are
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers. Our most innovative product is a protein rich animal feed from Black Soldier Fly Larvae (BSFL).
We are currently scaling up our processing facility to increase and optimize our production of animal feed. This scale up includes the construction and startup of a production facility to produce 300 tons of animal feed per month. This facility will be the first greenfield insect animal feed production facility from insect waste in Africa – a unique opportunity!
About the role
As an Engineer for Sanergy, your responsibilities will include:
- Commissioning and installing equipment for the full scale factory
- Complete detailed design of production and processing equipment
- Managing procurement, installation, commissioning and operationalizing loading, unloading, processing and containment equipment for the full scale plant
- Developing process flows and procedures for full scale operations
- Complete risk and safety assessments on plant and adjust designs accordingly
- Supporting installation, commissioning and operationalization of other units
- Working with the project team, consultants and contractors to enable the design, implementation and operationalization of equipment for site
- Mentoring and training Sanergy engineers on best practice, specifically in equipment selection and installation and in some cases, design
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- BSc Engineering required, professional certification ideal but not required
- 3-5 years of experience in related area of work
- Experience leading manufacturing build projects, equipment design and procurement is a must
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
The perks you’ll have
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
To apply, please click on ‘Apply for this Job’ to submit a cover letter and your resume/CV. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
How to ApplyTo apply visit our career page on our website using the link https://sanergy.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
174 total views, 1 today