Development Fund Officer
Development Fund Officer
- Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- September 3, 2018 11:46 am
The Management University of Africa (MUA) is a private University in Kenya located off Mombasa Road in Nairobi. We envision being a premier university providing Management and transformative leadership solutions worldwide. We are looking for a dynamic, self-driven and result oriented professionals to fill the position of DEVELOPMENT FUND OFFICER.
To raise funds and resources for the University by engaging, cultivating and soliciting from potential donors to support the mission of University Development fund trust using various means including organizing fund raising activities events meant to raise funds for the University.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the implementation of policies and procedures governing University
- resource mobilization.
- Assist in the Implementation of University resource mobilization strategies taking into account short and long term funding needs of the University,
- Initiate and participate in efforts to mobilize resources and build a sustainable funding base for the University.
- Support implementation of resource mobilization strategies by managing relationship with donors.
- Identifying and mapping potential donors and conducting periodic reviews of the donor portfolio.
- Steward assigned donors in alignment with the Development Funds stewardship policies and protocols.
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engaging them in University programmes.
- Partner with admissions office in spear heading the introduction of alumni involvement in the admissions process; partner with the Dean of student’s services to plan the growth and accessibility of career networking services for students and alumni.
- Oversee and balance the budget for alumni relations and help raise funds for selected special projects and events.
- Assist in organizing of fundraising events.
- Liaise with philanthropic organisations.
- Develop fundraising proposals.
- Office administration and report writing, and
- Manage a team of staff
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A bachelors’ degree in Project Management, Finance or its academic equivalent in the relevant field.
- Experience in resource mobilization, fundraising, report writing, proposal writing and event Management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the University, alumni, other constituent’s and the public,
- Demonstrate ability to strategies, implement and build programmes and activities that target fundraising,
- Demonstrate strong writing, planning and organizational skills,
- Flexibility and initiative as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals,
- Be of high ethical standards, integrity and professionalism and speedily.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Liase with University staff at all levels and ensure customer complains are solved.
How to ApplyInterested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 9th September 2018. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer. THE VICE - CHANCELLOR The Management University of Africa P.O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI Email: email@example.com
49 total views, 1 today