- Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- September 3, 2018 11:34 am
- 3 Sep 2018
The Management University of Africa (MUA) is a private University in Kenya located off Mombasa Road in Nairobi. We envision being a premier university providing Management and transformative leadership solutions worldwide. We are looking for a dynamic, self-driven and result oriented professionals to fill the position of CAREER COUNSELOR.
This position reports to the dean of students. The Career Counselling and Guidance officer will be in charge of the guidance and counselling of day, evening, weekend, as well as students in the open and distance learning mode.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/KEY RESULT AREAS:
- To assist students in developing educational goals consistent with their life goals.
- Give guidance on choosing and attaining an educational or career goal.
- To provide counselling services to students experiencing psycho- socio problems that could be potentially disruptive to their successful academic, interpersonal, and campus adjustment.
- Train students on job search skills, such as writing a winning curriculum vitae, resume, application letters, interviewee skills, and networking.
- Supervise the acquisition, maintenance, and dissemination of information regarding career fields, employment opportunities, and specific employers for full-time, part-time, internship and work-study opportunities.
- To offer and establish institutional exchanges with both local and international universities.
- Identify students in need of referral resources outside the school for additional support
- Create an entrepreneur incubator to offer student’s laser focused support to develop their ideas.
- Provide information on specific programs and services offered by the university or by organizations outside for educational and / or career enhancement of the individual.
- Develop partnerships with Alumni Organizations to identify employment opportunities and engage their participation in campus recruitment services such as on-line job listing service, resume referral, on-campus interviews, career fairs and information sessions.
- Assist with administrative responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A bachelor’s degree in Counselling or Psychology
- Be emphatic and a good listener
- Have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be computer literate
- Have excellent report writing skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 9th September 2018. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE - CHANCELLOR The Management University of Africa P.O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI Email: email@example.com
40 total views, 2 today